40 Places That Offer Great Senior Discounts
Kids today might have their Snapchat and their hoverboards and their slime, but you have something much better! No, not wisdom. A 10-15 percent discount at scores of local businesses!
Once you’ve reached your golden years, it’s time that you reap the benefits of a life well-lived. And one of the best ways that you can do that is by taking advantage of all the businesses out there offering sweet senior discounts.
Sure, those young whippersnappers running around today might have youth on their side, but you don’t have to pay full price when you go to the movie theatre. Who’s got it good now?! With that in mind, here are 40 of the best senior discounts you can find.
- AMC Theatres: Customers age 60 and above get discounted movie tickets at AMC Theatres. Check your local AMC location for pricing.
- American Airlines: In some domestic markets, customers age 65 and up are eligible for discounted senior fares from American Airlines. Call American Airlines Reservations at 1-800-433-7300 for more information.
- Amtrak: Seniors aged 65 and older are eligible for a 10 percent discount on most Amtrak trains and rail fares. Visit the Amtrak website for restrictions. A 10 percent senior discount is applicable to travelers age 60 and above on cross-border services operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada.
- Applebee’s: Many Applebee’s locations offer discounts of 10-15 percent for customers age 60 and above. Contact your local Applebee’s to find out more.
- Arby’s: Call your local Arby’s to see if they offer a senior discount, as many locations offer 10 percent off for seniors.
- AT&T: Visit AT&T’s website to learn more about senior discounts and the AT&T Senior Nation Plan, which offers customers 65 and up 200 anytime minutes, mobile to mobile minutes, and nights and weekends—without roaming and long distance charges—all for $29.99 a month.
- Banana Republic: Many Banana Republic locations offer senior discounts of 10 percent for customers 50 and older.
- Ben & Jerry’s: If you are 60 or older, you could receive 10 percent off at Ben & Jerry’s locations nationwide.
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts: Guests 55 and up can save up to 15 percent on room rates at Best Western.
- Burger King: Participating Burger King locations offer a 10 percent senior discount to customers age 60 and up.
- Chili’s: Seniors get 10 percent off at participating Chili’s locations.
- Choice Hotels: AARP members and customers age 60 and up can save 10 percent on advance reservations at Choice Hotels.
- Cinemark: Many Cinemark locations have Senior Days, where discounted rates apply to any movie and any showtime. Visit Cinemark’s website for details and to find the nearest participating location.
- Country Kitchen: Call your local Country Kitchen location to see if they offer a discounted Senior Menu for customers aged 55 and above.
- Culver’s: Many Culver’s locations offer 10 percent senior discounts for customers ages 60 and above. Call your local Culver’s to see if they participate in the program.
- Dairy Queen: Ask your local Dairy Queen if they offer a 10 percent senior discount. Some locations also offer a free small drink for customers aged 55 and over.
- Days Inn: If you are age 60 or over, you can save money off the best available rate when booking a room at a Days Inn hotel.
- Denny’s: AARP members get a discount of 10 percent at participating Denny’s locations.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Visit a participating Dunkin Donuts location and you can get a 10 percent senior discount.
- Hertz: You can save up to twenty percent with Hertz if you are age fifty and up. To take advantage of this discount while booking online, use discount code 2007815.
- Howard Johnson Hotels: AARP members get 10 percent off the best available rate when they book a room at a Howard Johnson hotel.
- Goodwill: As a senior, you can save 10 to 20 percent at your local Goodwill. This discount is usually offered once a week on a specific day, so call your local Goodwill location for details.
- IHOP: If you’re 55 and up, you can order from IHOP’s discounted 55 Plus menu.
- Kohl’s: Every Wednesday, Kohl’s customers aged 60 and over get a special 15 percent discount. Available in store only.
- Marriott Hotels: Customer who are aged 62 and older can save 15 percent on oheir room rate when they book a stay at a Marriott hotel.
- McDonald’s: Check with your local McDonald’s location to see if they participate in this program that offers discounted (and sometimes even free!) coffee for seniors.
- Michael’s: All Michael’s location offer a daily 10 percent senior discount to customer age 55 and up. Only available in store. Includes sale items.
- Motel 6: Seniors aged 60 and above get a 10 percent discount on the best available rate when they stay at a Motel 6.
- National Parks: U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are 62 or older can pay $80 (plus a $10 handling fee) and receive a Lifetime Senior Pass that provides free entrance to over 2,000 National Parks & federal recreational sites across the country.
- Old Country Buffet: Seniors get daily discounts at the Old Country Buffet. Contact your local franchise for details.
- Pep Boys: Customers age 55 and older can save 10 percent at Pep Boys. Valid in store.
- Ross Dress for Less: If you are aged 55 or older, sign up for the Every Tuesday Club and get 10 percent off every Tuesday at Ross Dress for Less.
- Sonic: If you are age 60 or older, you could receive a free soft drink or 10 percent discount at participating Sonic locations.
- Southwest Airlines: Senior fares are available from Southwest Airlines for travelers age 65 and above. Visit Southwest’s website for more information.
- Subway: Call your local Subway location to see if they offer a senior discount. Many of them do—usually around 10 percent.
- Super 8: If you’re 60 and older, you can get special (but unspecified) savings off the best available rate at Super 8 hotels.
- TCBY: Customers age 55 and over receive a 10 percent discount at participating TCBY locations nationwide. Call your local store for details.
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: You can browse the discounted senior menus for all participating Old Spaghetti Factory locations by visiting the company’s website.
- United Airlines: Travelers who are 65 and older can get special discounted fares when booking with United Airlines.
- Waffle House: Many Waffle House franchises offer senior discounts. Call your local Waffle House to see what they offer!
Want to read more about saving money? Check out these related posts from OppLoans:
- 7 Tips for Eating Out on the Cheap
- How to Save Money on Gas
- 4 Simple Ways to Save Money on Your Grocery Bill—While Still Eating Healthy!
- 50 Places That Will Give You Free Stuff on Your Birthday
The information contained herein is provided for free and is to be used for educational and informational purposes only. We are not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law and we do not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit. Articles provided in connection with this blog are general in nature, provided for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for individualized professional advice. We make no representation that we will improve or attempt to improve your credit record, history, or rating through the use of the resources provided through the OppLoans blog.