How to Finance a Medical Emergency
An OppLoans E-Book
We’ve all been there. Even when you’re budgeting carefully and spending responsibly, life can throw you some ugly financial curve balls. Maybe your kid falls off his bike and breaks his arm, or that cough you’ve been ignoring turns out to be more serious than just a seasonal cold.
Sadly, most of us will someday experience an illness or injury that requires medical attention, and even if you have health insurance, medical bills can pile up fast. Depending on what your plan covers, you could still be forced to pay out of pocket for more than you have in savings. If you’re uninsured, something as seemingly mundane as a few hours in the emergency room can turn into an expense that haunts you for years.
Medical debt can cause serious stress, but if you’re in the midst of a crisis, take a deep breath. There are many safe and responsible ways to handle a financial emergency. No matter your credit score or financial situation, you have options, and we’re here to help you explore those options.
How to Finance a Medical Emergency: An OppLoans E-Book
- How to be Ready When Disaster Strikes
- How to Finance a Medical Emergency Without Going Broke (Even if You Don’t Have Insurance)
- Always Double-Check Your Medical Bills for Errors
- Try and Negotiate
- Pay in Cash
- Use Funds From a 401k
- Look for Charitable Funding Organizations in Your Community
- Expert Advice: Medical Debt
- Know when your Bill is Set to Go into Collections
- Expert Advice: Medical Bills
- Top Ten Must Know Facts About Medical Debt
- If You Need to Borrow Money, Borrow Smart
- About OppLoans
- About the Experts