Payday Loans in Topeka: Subprime Report
An OppLoans Guide to Getting The Help You Need
In addition to being the capital of Kansas, Topeka is a city rich with history, culture and beauty. In many ways, it has it all: a beautiful city, plenty of arts and entertainment as well as a reasonable cost of living. But that doesn’t mean that life is easy for everyone in Topeka.
Many people in the Kansas capital struggle financially. For these folks, an unforeseen expense can make it difficult to get by. An unexpected expense, like a medical bill or a car repair, can be even more difficult to handle when you don’t have access to a credit card or can’t get a loan from a bank. But fortunately, Topeka is full of organizations and resources whose mission is to help people in need.
Borrowing Money in Topeka
Perhaps you need financial help for a reason that isn’t listed above. You might decide a loan is your best option. But maybe you can’t get a loan from a bank and don’t have access to a sufficient line of credit. There are still loans available to you. There are storefront lenders throughout Topeka as well as online. But be careful, because many of these loans come with big risks.
High interest rates and fees are just two of the reasons some loans can be unsafe for consumers. Many loans are actually designed to leave you deeper in debt, rather than solving the problems you already have. There are three types of loans that borrowers should be wary of in particular. Educate yourself and learn The Truth about Payday, Pawnshop, and Car Title Loans.
Payday loans in Topeka
A small but expensive loan option.
Payday loans offer fast cash, but many borrowers do not fully understand the costs when they take out one of these risky loans. You can find payday storefront lenders all over Topeka or online. In a payday loan scenario, a borrower receives a cash loan and promises to repay the loan with their next paycheck. Storefront lenders will usually have the borrower post-date a check with the due date while online lenders will often obtain bank account information to ensure that the loan is repaid. The truth is these loans typically prey on people in low income communities.
By reading the Payday Loan Consumer Information site you’ll learn important details you should know before pursuing a payday loan. The site also provides information on the different payday loan laws for every state. In Kansas, you can borrow as much as $500 for 7-30 days through payday loans, and lenders can charge as much as 390% APR on a 14-day loan. You can take out two payday loans at one time, and lenders can charge an additional $15 finance fee for a $100 loan.(2)
These high fees and interest rates are part of the reason that so many people in Topeka get stuck in these loans. But that’s not the only way payday lenders make a profit, there’s also money to be made for lenders through “rollover“. Rollover is when a borrower cannot repay the loan in time and the lender agrees to extend the due date of a loan for an additional fee. Rollover is outlawed in some states, but in Kansas there are no laws regulating the practice.2
Personal Installment Loans in Topeka
An affordable, flexible loan that builds credit.
If it’s a safe and affordable loan you need, consider a personal installment loan from OppLoans. We offer loans from $1,000-$10,000 in Topeka with repayment periods of anywhere from 6-36 months. And with fixed-interest rates that are typically 70-125% lower than other personal loans, you’ll be able to find the loan that fits your needs. OppLoans delivers fast, flexible, five-star service.
- Fast: Apply online and find out if you’re approved in minutes. Once approved you can get your cash as early as the next business day.
- Flexible: We offer longer terms, larger loans, and affordable, fixed payments. Your monthly payment will be the same throughout the life of the loan.
- Five-Star: Customers rate us 4.9 out of 5 stars for our friendly service. We also provide discounts for credit education.
OppLoans offers personal installment loans from $1,000 to $10,000 and the flexibility of paying them back over 6 to 36 months. We’ll work with you to provide affordable payment options that fit into your monthly budget. We don’t charge prepayment or application fees. Also, our interest rates are usually 70-125% less than other personal lenders.
For questions about OppLoans rates, terms, and eligibility contact the OppLoans Support Team by phone at (800) 990-9130, Monday – Friday 7am to 7pm or Saturday 9am to 4pm central time. Or email us at email@example.com.
Guides to Payday Loans in Kansas Cities
- “Veteran Homelessness Facts” Green Doors. Accessed February 19, 2016. http://www.greendoors.org/facts/veteran-homelessness.php
- “Kansas State Information.” Payday Loan Consumer Information. Accessed March 9, 2016. http://www.paydayloaninfo.org/state-information/24.
- “States That Allow Title Loans.” Investopedia. Accessed March 9, 2016. http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/110714/states-allow-car-title-loans.asp.
- “Car Title Loan Regulation.” Consumer Federation of America. Accessed March 9, 2016. http://www.consumerfed.org/pdfs/Resources.CTL.StateLawTermChart12.2.12.pdf.
- “Tips for Buying and Selling at a Pawn Shop” Moneymanagement.org. July 19, 2011. Accessed January 6, 2016. http://www.moneymanagement.org/Community/Blogs/Blogging-for-Change/2011/July/Tips-for-buying-and-selling-at-a-pawn-shop.aspx
- “50 States Pawn Shops Interest Rates and Statutes.” Online Pawn Shop Consumer Reports. Accessed March 8, 2016. http://www.pawnshopsonline.info/state-regulation-interest-rates-comparisons/.
*OppLoans is not affiliated with any of the programs, services or organizations referenced on this page.