Bakersfield Payday Loans: Subprime Report
An OppLoans Guide to Getting The Help You Need
Before the economic downturn, Bakersfield was one of the fastest growing cities in America. As Bakersfield and the rest of California continues its path to recovery, many residents of Bakersfield are still struggling. The Bakersfield poverty rate is close to 25% and while the oil and agriculture industry is strong, jobs in other sectors and industries can be few and far between.(1)
Getting a Cash Advance in Bakersfield
In addition to all the programs and services above, you also have the option to borrow money through a loan. There are many options for loans throughout the U.S. and in Bakersfield specifically. It’s important to do research to determine which one will be right for you. Many lenders are predatory and rely on customers not being able to pay in order to trap them in debt.
Before accepting one of the following loans, read the ugly truth about payday, pawn shop and car title loans.
Payday Loans in Bakersfield
A costly and risky option for borrowing.
You’ve probably heard of payday loans before, but have you heard how expensive and risky they are? Payday loans are given to customers based on the promise that they will be paid back on their next payday. Often times however, customers can’t afford to repay the loan due to the extra finance charges and high interest rates.
If you fail to pay it off when it’s due, the lender will likely have you “rollover” the loan into a new loan, and add an additional charge for it. It’s easy to see how fast these charges can stack up. These loans are designed to entrap those who are financially vulnerable.(2)
If you’re stuck with an expensive payday loan and you aren’t sure where to turn, contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at (855) 411-2372.
Personal Installment Loans in Bakersfield
Get the loan you need with the flexibility and service you deserve.
If you need quick cash in Bakersfield you should consider a personal installment loan with OppLoans. Whatever situation you’re dealing with, OppLoans is here to help by providing fast, flexible, fair and five-star service.
- Apply today and get your loan as fast as the next business day!
- Longer terms, flexible payments, and interest rates 70-125% lower than other personal loans.
- Customers rate us 4.9 out of 5 stars for our excellent service. Our support team is dedicated to helping you every step of the way.
OppLoans offers personal installment loans between $1,000 and $10,000, as well as the flexibility of repaying them between 6 to 36 months. OppLoans also never charges prepayment, origination or application fees.
For questions about OppLoans rates, terms, and eligibility contact our Support Team by phone at (800) 990-9130, Monday — Friday 7am to 7pm or Saturday 9am to 4pm central time. Or email us at info@OppLoans.com.
See more local California guides below:
Anaheim | Bakersfield | Chico | Fresno | Los Angeles | Modesto | Oakland | Redding | Riverside | Sacramento | San Diego | San Francisco | San Jose | Santa Barbara | Stockton
- Wozniacka, Gloria. “Bakersfield-Delano is 4th worst in U.S. poverty ranking.” Sept. 20, 2012. Bakersfield.com https://www.bakersfield.com/News/2012/09/21/Bakersfield-Delano-is-4th-worst-in-U-S-poverty-ranking.html Accessed Jan. 29, 2016
- “What is a Payday Loan?” Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. January 13, 2016. Accessed January 29, 2016. https://www.consumerfinance.gov/askcfpb/1567/what-payday-loan.html
- Finney, Michael. “Expert: Auto Title Loans are Risky, Bad Idea.” August 5, 2015. Accessed January 29, 2016. https://abc7news.com/automotive/expert-auto-title-loans-are-risky-bad-idea/906070/
- Lee, Jenna. “The Ugly Truth About Payday, Pawn Shop and Care Title Loans” May 25, 2014. Accessed January 29, 2016. https://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/05/25/ugly-truth-payday-pawnshop-car-title-loans/
*OppLoans is not affiliated with any of the programs, services or organizations referenced on this page.