Peoria Payday Loans: Subprime Report
An OppLoans Guide to Getting The Help (and The Loan) You Need
Peoria is a beautiful city with art, culture, and a stunning view from the legendary Grandview Drive. You can always find plenty to do in Peoria, including viewing live theater, basketball games, or taking a tour on the Spirit of Peoria riverboat.
But like any city, some residents face challenging financial situations. Nearly twenty percent of the town populace lives at or below the poverty line, while almost ten percent is unemployed.
Borrowing Money in Peoria: Avoiding Dangerous Borrowing Practices
Many lending businesses are designed to take advantage of people in vulnerable financial situations. It’s critical to do a lot of research before agreeing to take out a loan. While they may seem appealing if you need fast cash, they may not be worth the risk. Below are some of the options you should look out for.
Payday loans in Peoria
This is a dangerous way to get quick cash that usually isn’t worth it. Payday loans are offered online or in person throughout Peoria. Taking out a payday loan usually means getting a small amount of money which you must pay back on your next payday. These loans are predatory and are designed to trap borrowers in cycles of debt. Check out the Payday Loan Consumer Information site, which offers facts, research, and consumer help.(1)
If you’re currently dealing with a payday, title or pawn shop loan and you need more information, or have a complaint, contact the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation at 888-473-4858 or the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at 855-411-2372.
A Better Personal Loan
If you’re in need of quick and meaningful cash assistance to through a financial challenge, consider a personal installment loan with OppLoans. Family-owned, OppLoans offers fast, flexible, fair and five-star financial services and products in Peoria:
- Fast: Apply online and find out if you’re approved in minutes. Once approved you can get your cash as early as the next business day.
- Flexible: We offer longer terms, larger loans, and affordable, fixed payments. Your monthly payment will be the same throughout the life of the loan.
- Five-Star: Customers rate us 4.9 out of 5 stars for our friendly service. We also provide discounts for credit education.
OppLoans offers personal installment loans from $1,000 to $10,000 and the flexibility of paying them back over six to 36 months. We’ll work with you to provide affordable payment options that fit into your monthly budget. We will never charge prepayment, origination or application fees. In addition, our interest rates are usually 70-125% less than other personal loans.
For questions about OppLoans rates, terms, and eligibility contact the OppLoans Support Team by phone at (800) 990-9130, Monday – Friday 7am to 7pm or Saturday 9am to 4pm central time. Or email us at email@example.com.
Guides to Payday Loans in Illinois Cities
- “Illinois State Information” Payday Loan Consumer Information. Accessed January 5, 2016. https://www.paydayloaninfo.org/state-information/21.
- Alop, Alan. “Payday Loans and Title Loans.” Illinois Legal Advocate. November, 2009. Accessed January 5, 2016. https://www.illinoislegaladvocate.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&contentID=1974.
- “Tips for Buying and Selling at a Pawn Shop” Moneymanagement.org. July 19, 2011. Accessed January 6, 2016. https://www.moneymanagement.org/Community/Blogs/Blogging-for-Change/2011/July/Tips-for-buying-and-selling-at-a-pawn-shop.aspx.
*OppLoans is not affiliated with any of the programs, services, or organizations referenced on this page.