Understand the basics of money management. Through financial literacy, you’ll develop a mindset crucial to impacting your financial well-being. You’ll learn how to take action to achieve your financial goals.
By developing a financial literacy mindset, you will be able to positively impact your financial life.
Start your financial education with free online courses.
- Find a way to track expenses and income
- Identify spending habits
- Differentiate between spending wants and needs
Budgeting & Saving
- Find money to allocate towards saving
- Develop a spending plan
- Set financial goals
- Improve spending and saving patterns
- Analyze the costs and benefits of credit
- Know how lenders use credit reports and how credit scoring works
- Distinguish between different types of borrowing
- Find out how to improve your creditworthiness
- Understand how to use credit products properly
Debt & Loans
- Identify the reasons for debt
- Recognize good and bad debt
- Develop a strategy to manage and reduce debt
- Understand the consequences of missed or late payments
Do I need to take the courses in order?
For the best learning experience, it’s recommended to take the OppU courses in order as follows: Spending, Budgeting & Saving, Credit, and Debt & Loans.
Are there any prerequisites for taking the courses?
No prior financial literacy skills are needed to take the courses.
How long will it take me to complete the courses?
Courses are self-paced. On average, modules take 15 minutes to complete.
Is it possible to take just one course?
It is possible to take a single OppU course. For a deeper understanding of financial literacy, it’s recommended students take all four courses.
Is this course 100% online?
All OppU courses are 100% online. There is no in-person instruction.
What is the cost of taking the courses?
There is no cost to take OppU courses.