How to Finance a Medical Emergency
An OppLoans E-Book
Let’s recap for a second. If you want to keep medical bills at a minimum, here’s what you should do:
- Start an emergency fund NOW!
- Explore your insurance options before disaster strikes.
- Always check your medical bills for errors.
- Pay in cash or negotiate with your healthcare providers.
- If you need to borrow money to cover healthcare costs, use a credit card or take out a safe installment loan from a responsible lender.
- Stay FAR away from predatory lenders.
Ideally, we’d all live our lives in peace, without ever having to deal with the stress of a medical emergency. But that’s not going to happen. If you find yourself hurt, sick or injured and don’t know where to turn, you have options, and many of those options don’t include falling deep into debt.
How to Finance a Medical Emergency: An OppLoans E-Book
- How to be ready when disaster strikes
- How to finance a medical emergency without going broke (even if you don’t have insurance)
- Always double-check your medical bills for errors
- Try and negotiate
- Pay in cash
- Use funds from a 401k
- Look for charitable funding organizations in your community
- Expert Advice: Medical Debt
- Know when your bill is set to go into collections
- Expert Advice: Medical Bills
- Top Ten Must Know Facts About Medical Debt
- If you need to borrow money, borrow smart
- About OppLoans
- About The Experts