In this OppLoans workbook, we’re going to take a deep dive into the three main areas that are critical to understand if you want to take control of your financial life. We’re going to talk about credit, credit reports and credit scores.
Now, if you’ve never had much in the way of financial education, then this all might sound quite scary or complex. But don’t worry! Once you get started, you’ll be surprised by how easy—and how manageable—it all really is. The hardest part is getting started, and you’ve already done that! So congrats!
Don’t just think of this as a bunch of information to read and try to remember. This is going to be your workbook. We encourage you to print this out, read it with a pen in your hand, and use it. You’ll be glad you did!
With this workbook, you’re going to learn…
- Just what is credit?
- Why is credit important?
- What is a credit report?
- What’s in your credit report and who can see it?
- What is a credit score?
- Is your credit score “good” or does it need to be improved?
- How can you improve your credit score sooner rather than later?
This is going to be quick, easy, and helpful—and when it’s over, you’ll feel more confident about your credit and your life.
Table of Contents:
- Workbook Objectives
- Part I: Credit
- What does Your Credit Mean?
- Why is My Credit So Important?
- Let’s Make it Personal
- Expert Advice
- Credit Cards
- Who Offers Credit Cards?
- Credit Reflections: Credit
- Different Types of Credit
- Common Credit Mistakes
- Credit Card Tips
- Credit Quiz
- Part II: Understanding Your Credit Report
- Part III: Understanding Your Credit Score
- About The Experts
- About OppLoans
- Works Cited
- Part I: Credit