Questions About Your Loan Application
How much can I borrow?
First time borrowers can get approved for up to $1,000-4,000*. Please see our rates/terms section for more information about the type of loan we offer in your state.
Am I eligible to apply for a loan?
To qualify for a loan through the OppLoans website, all applicants must:
- Live in one of the following states: Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, or Wyoming.
- Be at least 18 years old. (19 in Alabama and Nebraska)
- Not presently be a covered borrower as defined by the Military Lending Act (“MLA”). Due to the changes in the Military Lending Act effective October 3, 2016, the products OppLoans offers are not available to applicants listed as Covered Borrowers in the Military Lending Act database, including qualifying active duty service members and their dependents as defined in 32 C.F.R. § 232. However, FinWise Bank offers additional loan products through their other partners which covered borrowers may be eligible for. Please see follow this link to see further eligibility requirements for those products.
- Have a regular source of income. If your income is from employment, you have been working for your current employer for at least 3 months.
- Have a traditional bank account in your name with 90 days of history.
- Receive their paychecks through direct deposit. (Due to state regulations, residents of New Mexico are exempt from this requirement.)
How will my loan be funded?
We work hard to offer you a quick and convenient process. Once your application is approved, funds are typically deposited in your account as soon as the next business day. The actual time it takes the funds to appear in your account depends on your financial institution.
Generally, if your loan is approved before 9pm* CT from Monday through Thursday, you can expect your funds the next business day. If your loan is approved before 9pm* CT on Friday, you can expect your funds on Monday. If your loan is approved after 9pm * CT on Friday, on Saturday or on Sunday, you can expect your funds on Tuesday. If your approval day or deposit day happens to be a bank holiday, please allow for 1 extra business day of processing.
The exact time that funds become available will depend on your bank. If you experience a delay, please reach out to your bank directly.
*Ohio customers, please note: the time cut-off will be 8pm CT instead of 9pm CT.
Questions About Personal Loans
Questions About Your Account
How do I change my password?
Simply go to our home page www.opploans.com and click the My Account button in the upper right hand corner. Once you login you will be able to select Change Password to complete your password change.
How do I check my balance?
Simply go to our home page www.opploans.com and click the My Account button in the upper right hand corner. Once you login you will be able to view your loan agreement and check your balance.
What if I forgot my password?
No worries! We’ll help you set a new password for your security. Here’s how:
- Click on the “My Account” button in the upper right-hand corner of our site
- Click on the “Forgot password?” link
- Enter your email and your login information
- Check your email for instructions on how to set a new password
Questions About Loan Repayment
Can I refinance my personal loan?
Refinancing eligibility varies by state, call us at 1-(800) 990-9130 to check your eligibility.
Can I repay early or make additional payments?
Yes. Opportunity Financial never charges pre-payment penalties. You can pay off your loan or make additional payments at any time. Simply go to our home page www.opploans.com and click the My Account button in the upper right hand corner. Once you login you will have the option to make an additional payment or pay off your loan in full.
How can I repay my personal loans?
The most popular and preferred method of repayment is through electronic funds transfer (ACH) where we electronically debit your bank account for the fixed amount you owe on each due date. We also offer repayment methods through remotely created check (RCC).
Questions About Credit Education & Credit Reporting
What do I receive if I complete the online credit education courses?
There are numerous benefits! OppU is a national standards-aligned personal finance curriculum designed to teach essential concepts like saving, budgeting, credit eduction and more. OppU can help you master your money with fun and free videos and quizzes.
Questions About OppLoans and FinWise Bank
FinWise Bank is an FDIC-insured, state-chartered financial tech bank located in Sandy, Utah. OppLoans provides access to credit products to consumers throughout the United States through its partnership with FinWise Bank.
FinWise Bank is the originator of loans in certain states (To see if a product offered in your state is an OppLoans or FinWise Bank product, check our Rates and Terms page). However, OppLoans has contracted with FinWise Bank to service these loan products. OppLoans will be your single point of contact for all questions or concerns.
FinWise Bank, member FDIC, is the bank that originates credit products, which are then serviced by OppLoans.
Reporting on your account will show up on your credit report as “FinWiseOppLoans” (TransUnion) OR “FinWise/OppLoans” (Non-TransUnion).
As the servicer of these credit products, you will work directly with OppLoans.
You may contact our Resolutions Department via e-mail at resolutions@OppLoans.com or by regular mail at:
FinWise c/o OppLoans
ATTN: Resolutions Department
130 East Randolph Street, Suite 3400
Chicago, IL 60601