Customer trust and information security is one of the highest priorities at OppFi. Now more than ever, it is critical to have stronger security measures in place to protect our customers and their sensitive information. Because of this, OppFi requires customers to use Multi-Factor Authentication (“MFA”) when attempting to access their customer portal.
MFA is an effective way to increase protection for customer accounts against common threats such as phishing attacks and identity theft. MFA introduces another layer of security to the login process by requiring OppFi customers to enter two or more factors to prove their identity.
One factor is the customer’s username and password, and the second factor is a security code that will be sent to our customers via Voice or SMS.
The new process is detailed below:
- Go to https://secure.opploans.com/auth/login.
- Enter your username and password to login.
- Confirm the last four digits of the phone number on file.
- If the last four digits of the phone number are accurate, select “Yes” to continue to MFA.
- If the last four digits of the phone number are inaccurate, select “No” to continue to add or change the phone number. We require your social security number to update your phone number in order to protect your account and verify your identity.
- Select your preferred mode of multi-factor authentication: Voice or SMS. When Voice is selected, a phone call will be made to the phone number on file and the six (6) digit code will be given at that time. When SMS is selected, a text message will be sent to the phone number on file. The six (6) digit code will be used on the following screen.
- Enter the 6 digit code and select continue. If the MFA is successful, you will have access to your customer portal.
In cases where a customer is having issues with setting up MFA, please call (800) 990-9130 to have a representative assist.