Financial Habits to Keep You out of the Jungle
We’ve talked a lot so far about the dangers of predatory lending. But there’s one thing we haven’t touched on yet, and it is yet another reason why predatory lenders target low-income populations: Generally speaking, low-income borrowers who need fast cash may lack a sophisticated understanding of personal finance; this can make them prime targets. That’s one of the reasons that we wrote this book: When it comes to responsible borrowing, knowledge really is power.
- Only Borrow for Need
- Know What’s Available
- Understanding Your Contract
Table of Contents:
- How to Protect Yourself from Payday Loans and Predatory Lenders
- Chapter 1: What Are Payday Loans and Who Are the Predatory Lenders?
- Chapter 2: The Predatory Effect of Payday Loans
- Chapter 3: Safer Borrowing
- Works Cited