Payday Loans in Riverside: Subprime Report
An OppLoans Guide to Getting The Help You Need
Living in California has many benefits. The sun, palm trees, beaches and plenty of entertainment. Unfortunately not everyone in California can enjoy all the luxuries the state has to offer. Many people in Riverside have a hard time making ends meet. The everyday struggle to put food on the table and keep a roof over your head can be difficult. Not to mention having to deal with unexpected expenses like medical bills or vehicle repairs. Many people are only one or two unexpected expenses away from losing their apartment or getting trapped in debt.
Borrowing Money in Riverside
Taking out a loan in Riverside is another option for getting some financial assistance. This option, however, comes with risks. Many storefront and online lenders offer loans that are dangerous and very expensive. These are called predatory lenders, and they profit from the financial misfortune of their borrowers.
If you’re looking for a loan in Riverside, do your research first. Decide on the type of loan that best suits your situation before you start shopping around. First figure out how much you need and how much you can afford to borrow. The last thing you want to do when you’re already in a financial struggle is take on a predatory loan that leads you further into debt.
Payday Advance Loans in Riverside
A speedy way to get cash, and a speedier way into debt.
Cash advance loans, also known as payday loans, are short-term loans with notoriously high interest rates. These loans are typically predatory, meaning they take advantage of low-income individuals who won’t be able to make their payment. By charging high interest rates and additional fees, payday lenders make it likely that borrowers won’t be able to pay. This means more money for them and more debt for borrowers. Needless to say, you should beware of these dangerous loans.
The concept of a payday loan is simple. You borrow money from a lender, and promise to pay it back with your next paycheck. Easy right? Well, not really. Along with paying back the amount you borrowed, you will also owe additional interest and fees. If you aren’t able to pay back the loan, you’ll be required to extend it and pay additional fees.
Luckily, the California Deferred Deposit Transaction Law states that cash advance or payday lenders in Riverside can’t give loans for more than $300, and can’t charge more than a 15% finance charge. The repayment term is also regulated and cannot be longer than 31 days.3
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau can provide useful information if you’re currently having difficulty with a payday loan. They can be reached at (855) 411-2372.
Personal Installment Loans in Riverside
A fair and affordable loan to help build your credit, not destroy it.
If you’re facing a difficult financial situation, and you need a cash loan, consider OppLoans. We offer personal installment loans that may be the solution you need. Our rates are low and customers rate us 4.9 out of 5 stars for our amazing customer service. You deserve a better loan. One that will help you build your credit, not destroy it. OppLoans can help with fast, flexible, fair and five-star service:
- Fast: Apply online and see your cash as quick as the next business day!
- Flexible: Affordable payments to fit into your budget, and fixed rates that stay the same throughout the life of the loan.
- Fair: OppLoans’ rates are usually 70-125% lower than other personal loans.
OppLoans offers cash loans between $1,000 and $10,000, with repayment periods between 6 and 36 months. OppLoans will never charge you prepayment, application or origination fees. Call today or visit us online to get a better personal loan.
Contact OppLoans by phone at (800) 990-9130, Monday – Friday 7am to 7pm, or Saturday 9am to 4pm central time. You can also email us at Apply@OppLoans.com
See more local California guides below:
Anaheim | Bakersfield | Chico | Fresno | Los Angeles | Modesto | Oakland | Redding | Riverside | Sacramento | San Diego | San Francisco | San Jose | Santa Barbara | Stockton
- “Just the Facts. Poverty in California.” Public Policy Institute of California. December, 2015. Accessed February 8, 2016. https://www.ppic.org/main/publication_show.asp?i=261
- “Financial Code Section 21200-21209.” Official California Legislative Information. Accessed January 26, 2015 https://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=fin&group=21001-22000&file=21200-21209
- “California Payday Loans: What Consumers Need to Know” CA.gov. Accessed February 5, 2016. https://www.dbo.ca.gov/Licensees/Payday_Lenders/what_consumers_need_to_know.asp
- Buck, Claudia. “State urges California consumers to be wary of auto-title loans” The Sacramento Bee. December 12, 2014. Accessed February 5, 2016. https://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article4457825.html
*OppLoans is not affiliated with any of the programs, services or organizations referenced on this page.