Payday Loans in Kansas City, KS
A Guide to Getting The Help (and The Loan) You Need
Kansas City is a beautiful American heartland city. Known for its basketball and barbeque, Kansas City shares its metropolitan area with another state, Missouri. Kansas City offers a wealth of culture and entertainment that make it a great place to live. But a lot of people struggle to get by in Kansas City.
For these people, expenses like an unexpected medical bill or car repair can make it tough just to get by. And for a lot of these people, it can be especially difficult if they don’t have access to a credit card and can’t get a loan from a traditional bank. The good news is that Kansas City has lots of organizations devoted to getting these people the help they need.
Borrowing Money in Kansas City
Maybe you need help for another reason all together. You might need cash fast and you’ve decided that a loan is your best option. If you can’t get a loan from a traditional bank, there are a few different types of loans still available to you in Kansas City in the form of storefront and online lenders. But some of these loans are safer than others.
High interest rate and fees make many of these loans particularly dangerous. Often, they make problems worse instead of better. Below is information on three types of loans to watch out for. Before you borrow, learn the Truth about Payday, Pawnshop, and Car Title Loans.
Payday loans in Kansas City
A modest but costly loan.
Payday loans are one way to get quick cash, but these loans often end up costing more than customers bargained for. Payday loans are available online and at storefront lenders throughout Kansas City. With a payday loan, you receive a small amount of cash and you promise to pay back the loan with your next paycheck. Online payday loans usually require bank account information while storefront lenders will post-date a check in order to ensure repayment. The reality is that these loans often prey on people in low income communities.
Check out the Payday Loan Consumer Information site to view facts, research and consumer help before taking out a payday loan. You can also see the different laws that regulate payday loans from state to state. In Kansas, you can borrow up to $500 for 7-30 days through payday loans and lenders can charge up to 390% APR for a 14-day loan. Lenders can also charge a $15 finance fee for a $100 loan. Borrowers can take out as many as two payday loans at one time.(2)
It’s easy to see why many Kansas City residents get trapped in these loans with the high interest rates and fees. But payday lenders also make profits through a process called “rollover“. Rollover is a process by which a lender allows a borrower to extend the term of their loan for an additional fee. So, the borrower still owes the principal and interest, but now they just owe more of it. Though rollover is illegal in many states, in Kansas City there is no law regulating this practice.(2)
Personal Installment Loans in Kansas City
A safe way to get money and build credit.
If you’re looking for a safe, reliable and affordable way to get cash fast, consider a personal installment loan from OppLoans. If you’re in Kansas City, you may be eligible for a loan for anywhere from $1,000-$5,000 with a fixed-interest rate that’s usually 70-125% lower than other personal loans. And you can take anywhere from 6-36 months to repay the loan, so you’ll be able to find one that fits your budget. OppLoans has fast, reliable loans with five-star service.
- Fast: Apply online and find out if you’re approved in minutes. Once approved you can get your cash as early as the next business day.
- Flexible: We offer longer terms, larger loans, and affordable, fixed payments. Your monthly payment will be the same throughout the life of the loan.
- Five-Star: Customers rate us 4.9 out of 5 stars for our friendly service. We also provide discounts for credit education.
OppLoans offers personal installment loans from $1,000 to $10,000 and the flexibility of paying them back over 6 to 36 months. We’ll work with you to provide affordable payment options that fit into your monthly budget. We will never charge prepayment or application fees.
For questions about OppLoans rates, terms, and eligibility contact the OppLoans Support Team by phone at (800) 990-9130, Monday – Friday 7am to 7pm or Saturday 9am to 4pm central time. Or email us at email@example.com.
Guides to Payday Loans in Kansas Cities
- “Veteran Homelessness Facts” Green Doors. Accessed February 19, 2016. https://www.greendoors.org/facts/veteran-homelessness.php
- “Kansas State Information.” Payday Loan Consumer Information. Accessed March 9, 2016. https://www.paydayloaninfo.org/state-information/24.
- “States That Allow Title Loans.” Investopedia. Accessed March 9, 2016. https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/110714/states-allow-car-title-loans.asp.
- “Car Title Loan Regulation.” Consumer Federation of America. Accessed March 9, 2016. https://www.consumerfed.org/pdfs/Resources.CTL.StateLawTermChart12.2.12.pdf.
- “Title Loans in Missouri: Everything You Need to Know.” Drive Safely. Accessed March 8, 2016. https://www.drive-safely.net/title-loans-in-missouri-everything-you-need-to-know/.
- “Tips for Buying and Selling at a Pawn Shop” Moneymanagement.org. July 19, 2011. Accessed January 6, 2016. https://www.moneymanagement.org/Community/Blogs/Blogging-for-Change/2011/July/Tips-for-buying-and-selling-at-a-pawn-shop.aspx
- “50 States Pawn Shops Interest Rates and Statutes.” Online Pawn Shop Consumer Reports. Accessed March 8, 2016. https://www.pawnshopsonline.info/state-regulation-interest-rates-comparisons/.
*OppLoans is not affiliated with any of the programs, services or organizations referenced on this page.