Payday Loans in Wichita, Kansas
An OppLoans Guide to Getting The Help (and The Loan) You Need
Wichita — the capital of Kansas and a Midwestern gem that sits on the banks of the Arkansas River. It’s the largest city in the state and a place that typifies some of the best qualities about America’s heartland. Wichita has arts, sports, culture, nightlife and all the other amenities of a big city. But these amenities are difficult to enjoy when you’re struggling financially. And there are a lot of people in Wichita who are barely able to keep a roof over their head or put food on the table. But there is help available if you’re having a financial emergency.
Review the information below before you take out a loan you might regret. Because some online and storefront lenders in Wichita offer loans that are predatory in nature. If you do a little bit of research you’ll learn The Truth about Payday, Pawnshop, and Car Title Loans.
Payday Loans in Wichita
A modest but costly loan.
One option for a cash loan in Wichita is a payday loan. But there are costs involved with these loans that many borrowers are not aware of until it’s too late.
In a payday loan, a borrower receives a cash loan when they promise to pay the lender back with their next paycheck. To ensure repayment, lenders will either post-date a borrower’s personal check with the date of their next payday, or they’ll require that the borrower provide their bank account information. What many borrowers also don’t know is that payday lenders tend to prey on people in low income communities.
Before you take out one of these loans, check out the Payday Loan Consumer Information site which contains facts and research about payday loans. The site also contains information on the different laws that govern payday loans in each state. Kansas state law allows borrowers to take out payday loans for as much $500 for 7-30 days. The law also allows lenders to charge as much as 390% APR for a 14-day loan. On top of those extremely high interest rates, lenders can charge an additional $15 finance fee.(2)
With these high rates and fees, many borrowers get trapped in payday loans and fall deeper and deeper into debt. And lenders make additional profits through a practice called “rollover“. Rollover is when a borrower is allowed to extend their loan past the due date for an additional fee. This practice is illegal in many states, but in Kansas there is no law regulating rollover.2
Personal Installment Loans in Wichita
A safe loan that builds credit.
If you’re in Wichita and in need of cash, you don’t have to settle for a predatory loan.
If it’s a safe, reliable and affordable loan you’re after, consider a personal installment loan from OppLoans. We offer loans from $1,000-$10,000 with interest rates that are 70-125% lower than other personal lenders and repayment periods of 6-36 months. So you’ll be able to find a loan that fits your budget. And once you’re approved, you can get your loan as soon as the next business day. At OppLoans, we always deliver fast, flexible, five-star service.
- Fast: Apply online and find out if you’re approved in minutes. Once approved you can get your cash as early as the next business day.
- Flexible: We offer longer terms, larger loans, and affordable, fixed payments. Your monthly payment will be the same throughout the life of the loan.
- Five-Star: Customers rate us 4.9 out of 5 stars for our friendly service. We also provide discounts for credit education.
For questions about OppLoans rates, terms, and eligibility contact the OppLoans call team by phone at (800) 990-9130, Monday – Friday 7am to 7pm or Saturday 9am to 4pm central time. Or email us at email@example.com.
Guides to Payday Loans in Kansas Cities
- “Veteran Homelessness Facts” Green Doors. Accessed March 11, 2016. https://www.greendoors.org/facts/veteran-homelessness.php.
- “Kansas State Information.” Payday Loan Consumer Information. Accessed March 11, 2016. https://www.paydayloaninfo.org/state-information/24.
- “States That Allow Title Loans.” Investopedia. Accessed March 11, 2016. https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/110714/states-allow-car-title-loans.asp.
- “Car Title Loan Regulation.” Consumer Federation of America. Accessed March 11, 2016. https://www.consumerfed.org/pdfs/Resources.CTL.StateLawTermChart12.2.12.pdf.
- “Tips for Buying and Selling at a Pawn Shop” Moneymanagement.org. July 19, 2011. Accessed March 11 2016. https://www.moneymanagement.org/Community/Blogs/Blogging-for-Change/2011/July/Tips-for-buying-and-selling-at-a-pawn-shop.aspx.
- “50 States Pawn Shops Interest Rates and Statutes.” Online Pawn Shop Consumer Reports. Accessed March 11, 2016. https://www.pawnshopsonline.info/state-regulation-interest-rates-comparisons/.
*OppLoans is not affiliated with any of the programs, services or organizations referenced on this page.