Santa Fe Payday Loans
An OppLoans Guide to Getting The Help (and The Loan) You Need
Santa Fe isn’t just the capital of New Mexico, it’s also the capital of the arts. From the Santa Fe Opera to the Santa Fe Chamber Musical Festival, the Aspen Santa Fe Ballet and the New Mexico Museum of Art (not to mention a whole host of other local arts organizations) there are just so many places in the city where people can go to enjoy the finer things in life. But there are also people in Santa Fe for whom even the more basic things in life can be a struggle.
New Mexico has poverty rate of 21%.(1) That means that a little over one in five people across the state have a hard time affording basic amenities like food and shelter. And when it comes to issues like accessing affordable healthcare or finding a safe, affordable personal loan, it can be even more difficult. Santa Fe County has a better poverty rate than the state as a whole, with a little over 14% of area residents living at or below the federal poverty line.1 Additionally, there are also many places in Santa Fe and nearby communities where they can find assistance in their times of need.
Borrowing Money in Santa Fe
For people who have low incomes and poor credit histories, finding a safe, reliable loan in Santa Fe can be tough. Traditional lending institutions like banks and credit unions often won’t lend to them, which means that they have to look elsewhere.
And while there are certainly ways for people in Santa Fe with poor credit to secure an affordable, dependable loan, there are also lots of lenders that are looking to take advantage of them. These are known as “predatory lenders” and they often try to trap borrowers into a cycle of debt — one from which the lender extracts a lot of profit while the borrower racks up nothing but debt. Before taking out a loan in Santa Fe, take some time and check out the resources listed below.
Payday Loans in Santa Fe
A high-interest loan that isn’t worth the risk.
While a payday loan might seem like a great way to cover short-term expenses, the reality of these high-cost, predatory loans is just the opposite: using them to shore up short-term finances could lead to long-term financial troubles.
A payday loan is a kind of short-term loan that is usually meant to be repaid within two weeks. Oftentimes, all a person needs to do in order to get one is make out a check out to the lender for the amount they owe and post-date it for their next payday. The loans come with high interest rates that can add up to an annual percentage rate (APR) of well over 400%. New Mexico doesn’t have very strong laws(3) governing these kinds of loans so it is easy for borrowers to get taken advantage of.
With a payday loan, you end up having to pay a lot in order to get a little.
To file a complaint against payday lender in Santa Fe, contact The New Mexico Office of the Attorney General at 1 (800) 678-1508.
Personal Installment Loans in Santa Fe
A safe loan that you can afford.
Why would someone take out a high-interest, high risk payday, title or pawn shop loan when they could get a personal installment loan from OppLoans instead? The interest rates with an OppLoan are generally 70-125% less than with other personal lenders, plus they come with payment terms between 6 and 36 months, which means an easy series of fixed regular payments. Customers who are approved can get up to $5,000 with an OppLoan and receive their funds as early as the next business day. Our loans are safe, reliable and affordable; they’re geared towards your ability to repay. It’s really no contest.
OppLoans offers personal installment loans up to 5,000 and always strives to deliver fast, flexible, fair and five-star service:
- Fast: Apply online and find out if you’re approved in minutes. Once approved you can get your cash as early as the next business day.
- Flexible: We offer longer terms, larger loans, and affordable, fixed payments. Your monthly payment will be the same throughout the life of the loan.
- Five-Star: Customers rate us 4.9 out of 5 stars for our friendly service. We also provide discounts for credit education.
Start taking control of your finances and building a better credit history today by filling out our easy online application.
- “Quick Facts: Santa Fe County, New Mexico.” The United States Census Bureau. Accessed March 16, 2016. https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/35049.
- “Hunger Statistics New Mexico.” RRFB.com. Accessed March 8, 2016. https://www.rrfb.org/hungry-people-in-nm/newmexico-hunger-statistics/.
- “New Mexico Urged to Lower Payday Loan Rates.” AbqJournal.com. March 8, 2016. https://www.abqjournal.com/502692/news/nm-urged-to-limit-payday-loan-rates.html.
- “State Regulation Interest Rates Comparison.” PawnShopsOnline.com. Accessed March 8, 2016. https://www.pawnshopsonline.info/state-regulation-interest-rates-comparisons/.
*OppLoans is not affiliated with any of the programs, services or organizations referenced on this page.